Today is one of my favorite days: Pasta day!
Many of you will say that Pasta might not be a healthy choice, so when you eat it, it’s best to enjoy to the fullest. 😉
And how to do that better than freshly prepare it yourself!
I spoke with Goldie about it yesterday who said that it might not be the best because it can get too “flour-y”.
Many people are scared to get sticky hands, so they throw way too much flour into the mixture.
That’s were it goes wrong!
The recipe for fresh Pasta is not very difficult, but a bit annoying.
For a portion for 2 people, I use the following ingredients:
2 Egg yolks
Bit of Olive Oil
Approx. 250 ml of All Purpose Flour
- Beat the Egg ingredients with a fork and add a bit of oil.
- Gradually pour in the Flour. Knead it the ingredients together.
- Knead the dough for another 7 minutes.
This is probably the most important step, but most likely also the most annoying one. Just pretend it’s a good work out, massage that babe 😉
- Let it rest for an hour.
If you don’t have the time, that’s OK too.
- Divide the dough into smaller piece and roll them out individually.
- Now, I use this bad boy to make the rolling process easier.
But if you don’t have a Pasta Machine, you can still do it manually.
- Cut them out in small rectangular shapes.
Pull it together in the middle and you get this nice little bow ties.
P.S. They don’t have to be perfect! The more rustic, the better 🙂
8. Put them in boiled water for about 5 minutes.
9. Add your favorite sauce and Bon apetit!
The more often you try this, the smoother the process will be.
I remember the first few times I got very frustrated about its stickiness.
I quickly found out that the Olive Oil and good kneading help a lot.
Do you like to make pasta or any other food from scratch?