It was raining quite heavily when I drove to work this morning.
What else to listen to than REM – Shiny Happy People .
I actually looked up the meaning of the song and saw two interpretations.
- It’s a children’s song – Hmmm, REM for children?
- It’s sarcasm towards people who show fake happiness all the time – That suits my personality much better 😉
Anyhow! Julie has nominated me for the Sunshine Award!
Usually I don’t do these awards, but Julie had prepared very interesting questions.
So I couldn’t resist!
What part of your culture are you most and least proud of?
I was raised up with 2 cultures: Bosnian/Croatian at home. Dutch outside home.
Bosnian/Croatian: The Corruption
Dutch: The fact they think there’s no corruption but you won’t get a salary raise unless you’re wiping your managers behind instead performing good work.
Bosnian/Croatian: How happy people are with very little + the hospitality.
Dutch: For such a small country, they’re doing pretty darn good!
What inspires you to keep blogging?
I probably should say: you wonderful people.
But in all honesty, it are the assholes in my life who make me write things “off my chest” to ease my mind.
What do you spend way too much money on?
Clothes, I think. But it seems like I never have anything to wear.
What event large or small has changed your life?
First time I was introduced to coffee. After some time I started to like and NEED it.
It was also when I started to interact with my parents as adults during our morning, afternoon and evening coffee.
What is the best compliment that you have received?
“Remember the compliments, forget the insults”.
But that’s hard, isn’t it?
The one I do remember is when I was in the job of a technical trainer.
One of the students told me “You made such a dry topic fun”.
That statement makes me regret I ever left the training department 😦
What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
To dreamland 😉
What takes up too much of your time?
Brushing my teeth and putting on my socks.
Who is your go to band or artist when you can’t think of anything to listen to?
N*sync or BackstreetBoys
What is your strangest talent?
I can sing along with almost every song
What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
I’d like to be friends with Bugs Bunny
What is your biggest goal?
If you guys would like to answer these questions, please give me the link to the post 🙂
1. What part of your culture are you most and least proud of?
2. What inspires you to keep blogging?
3. What do you spend way too much money on?
4. What event large or small has changed your life?
5. What is the best compliment that you have received?
6. What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
7. What takes up too much of your time?
8. Who is your go to band or artist when you can’t think of anything to listen to?
9. What is your strangest talent?
10. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
11. What is your biggest goal?